Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mt. Marami

Maragondon, Cavite
Jump-off point: Brgy. Ramirez, Magallanes, Cavite
LLA: 405 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 1-2 days / 4-6 hours
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 1-3

(Source: http://www.pinoymountaineer.com/2007/09/mt-marami-405.html)

The Backpacker Couples:
Ivan Ignacio and Angel Cawaling
Ralph Flores and Liz Honrade


Celebrating Love: A Couples' Climb at Mt. Marami 
By: Ivan Ignacio


Couples Ivan and Angel, and Ralph and Liz at the peak of Mt. Marami


This double date idea started after our Mt. Pulag trip when we felt that the Cordillera trip was cut short and quick that we had to endure our city life again.

Liz wanted a challenging hike.
Ralph wanted a couples climb.
Angel wanted to travel.

...and I wanted to introduce them to the mountain that made me miserable back in 2009 (http://ivanoutdoor.blogspot.com/2010/11/mt-marami.html)... one of the most agonizing climbs I had in my whole mountain climbing career.





I was actually hoping for the weather to turn bad that day so that we can fill in our hunger for challenge...and it did. And aside from the rain, thunder and lightning also greeted us on our way to Mt. Marami.





It was a never ending hike (we were hiking for 4.5 hours) until we reached the gate of Mt. Marami. And the adventure was just in its climax: WE GOT LOST in the forest of Mt. Marami. Well, this mountain is really notorious for having a lot of forks waylaying hikers on their way to the campsite. And I won't hide the fact that I felt fatigued after looking for the correct trail inside the forest.




But after an hour or so, we finally reached the campsite. Sweet.

The boys' girls preparing shelters... sweet shelters

Slept for three hours (6PM - 9PM) before cooking dinner.



Socials that night was all about the GLEEks.

Ivan and Angel
Ralph and Liz

We were also greeted by a very beautiful night sky. I saw two shooting stars. And we slept... I was personally excited to see the summit the next day.



Lovers at the Peak of Love...

There’s no better place than in your arms to be,
No other place would ever fit me;
You hold me till all my fears slip away,
And in your arms is where I want to stay...

































I would catch you when you fall
I would see you through anything you need to be seen through
And when you need love,
I'll give you as much as i can supply you
And when you have nowhere to turn,
I'll be right behind you



































Descent from summit to campsite... Broke camp...





Descent from campsite to spring (water source)...




Got lost AGAIN in the forest of Mt. Marami...




Descent from spring to Bangkaan river...





























From Bangkaan river, we took Nuestra Senora trail until we reached Ilog na Kayrayag. Muddy hike from there to the jump off point...



Brgy. Ramirez Hall wash up...

MAGALLANES -> MARAGONDON -> NAIC


The climbed the mountain... The mountain witnessed our love...


The Post- Climb...

And the adventure did not stop there, we pampered ourselves after a tiring hike at Mall of Asia at Harbor View Restaurant...

Sinigang na Baboy
Seafood Basket
Chicken a la Pobre
Pinakbet

























 What a way to fill in our hungry stomachs!
 



The challenges that we encountered in this couples hike to Mt. Marami added the fact that we (Ralph and I) were with our special someone (Liz and Angel) just made our Mt. Marami experience worth it.


Photo Selection and Captioning by: Heinz Lopez Alvarez, Jr.
Post a Comment