After a scary, heart-pumping and savoring experience at Bantakay Falls, The BACKPACKERS and guests went to our supposedly main destination turned side trip…
Mt. Pinagbanderahan.
Mt. Pinagbanderahan.
ATIMONAN ADVENTURE
Part 2: Mt. Pinagbanderahan & Zigzag Forest Park
by Nickson Garcia
“BITUKANG MANOK”
![]() |
| All aboard again! |
QUEZON NATIONAL FOREST PARK
Located in Barangay Ilaya, Atimonan Quezon, it took us about fifteen minutes from jump-off of Bantakay Falls to Quezon National Forest Park. The park is the jump off point to Mt. Pinagbanderahan. It was way passed lunch time when we arrived and everyone was starving. The group, while waiting for the food to be cooked, decided to roam around the Park.
![]() |
| BP Angel |
![]() |
| BP Anna |
![]() |
| BP Heinz |
![]() |
| Relaxing inside the nipa hut |
MT. PINAGBANDERAHAN
Compared to Bantakay Falls, I was expecting that this climb would be much easier and faster since we didn't have our backpacks. According to the locals, the climb would be around an hour but as we know, locals have a different kind of speed when conquering their own mountain. What maybe an hour for them can be three hours for us (OA!).
“Cemented and stair-ed” would best described the trail. Personally, I don’t like mountains with stairs, not because it is inappropriate but because it causes much more damage to the legs and feet. To further describe the trail…trees lying, leaves scattered, huge rocks with deep holes and open caves are some that we encountered. We trekked inside the lush forest of Atimonan. Forty minutes has passed and the trail got more and more steep and narrow. I saw that a fellow BP and some guests were crawling on the trail.
First time climber and guest Sir Jethro was slowly and methodically walking through the trail. I thought at first that he was just watching small insects crawling, but after some questioning, I found out that it is due to Acrophobia (fear of heights). After an hour and 10 minutes of walking (and some crawling), we found ourselves on top of Mt. Pinagbanderahan.
![]() |
| Jethro conquering his acrophobia |
AT THE SUMMIT
![]() |
| Summit group shot |
![]() |
| BP Ivan |
![]() |
| BP Anna adoring the view |
Yes, we were lucky enough that the rain did not obstruct our view. We were able to see a magnificent view at the summit and I myself repeatedly kept on saying “WOW!”. After a few moments, clouds suddenly appeared and at last…we were again higher than the clouds.
SUMMIT SHOTS:
Overall, I enjoyed my Mt. Pinagbanderahan climb together with BPs and guest because in this climb not only I proved that I can be a ”protector” in socials but also a “guide” to those who wish to jump the Bantakay Falls, right guys?
A YEAR WITH The BACKPACKERS
Exactly a year ago, I was invited through Twitter by my friend and fellow BP, Marion to join this certain group in their mountain adventure. I was excited to somehow experience again the beauty of nature not knowing that it is not only the love of travel and nature that I would be experiencing, but also a family.
![]() |
| BP NICKSON, the author of the post |
![]() |
| The BACKPACKERS in Mt. Pinagbanderahan Ivan, Angel, Heinz, Anna, Nick |
![]() |
| Our Mt. Pinagbanderahan Guests: Sean, Isabel, Rexie, Marta, Leah, DR and Jethro |
For The BACKPACKERS Atimonan Adventure
Part 1: Bantakay Falls, click here
---------------------------------------
Photos credits to Albert and Jethro
---------------------------------------
























No comments:
Post a Comment